Friday, September 11, 2009

BOO!

This was one of the cards that I submitted for The Birthday Bash Challenges at Taylored Expressions.  I submitted it for the stitching category, and I WON a prize!  This card was inspired by the little ghosty treat bag in Denise's Challenge Photo seen here:
My Mom would never have believed that I could win a stitched ANYTHING challenge, hee!  She was an expert seamstress, so none of her daughters really ever needed to learn how to sew.  One time, I had to bring a sweatshirt project home to finish in 7th grade.  While I was asleep, she ripped off the sleeves and fixed them because they were so crooked...she just couldn't help herself!  I think she had to write a note to my home-ec teacher that it was all her fault (and that I did not ASK for that kind of "help") so that I didn't fail the project.  It was OBVIOUS that the sweatshirt did not leave the Middle School looking that GOOD!

2 comments:

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Awwww, Kelly! First, congratulations on your win! Second, I am so lovin' that darling gingham bow on your ghost----totally adorable and funny at the same time!

Crafty Math Chick said...

Congrats on your win Kelly! This little stitched ghost is ADORABLE!