Sunday, June 27, 2010

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #4



Another weekend means another sketch from Claire Brennan of Waltzingmouse Stamps!  This one she admitted herself is a bit key-razy!   She even gave us permission to go a bit wild with it, and that is what I did!

I used WMS's Earth Angel and Pic-Nic Patterns sets for the sketch: 
(Edited to add:  This was the card that was named in the Top 3 at the Sketch Blog and earned me my Waltzingmouse Top Mouse Blinkie! My first blinkie ever!  Thanks to Claire and all of the WMS ladies!)

It is difficult to tell but I paper-pierced the grid pattern instead of using different papers.  Made the sweet girl's dress using a combo of patterns from Pic-Nic Patterns.  As you can see I was liberal on my use of the circle shape...but I could NOT resist that jump rope image any longer!

Don't forget to visit the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog yourself and post a card before Thursday at midnight.  If 100 people play during this round, Claire is randomly drawing the name of a participant to win a free stamp set of their choice, yay!  This is a huge win, because she is releasing new stamps this week!!

13 comments:

Helen Berry said...

Kelly, this is a very sweet card. I love her little dress and the way you've stamped and paper pieced it. Simply adorable. Those flowers are a perfect finishing touch to the sentiment too x

Joyce across the Pond said...

A sweet little card!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cute card!!

B said...

So sweet! Love the way you interpreted the sketch! Love the little flowers near the sentiment!

Unknown said...

Well I think it's gorgeous Kelly and I am so tickled to see you using that skipping rope!! I loved that!! and the dress is gorgeous! and I also love the pierced background! I love it all! thank you so much for playing along with us at WMS!

Julia Aston said...

Love your creative use of the sketch Kelly! what pretty flowers and I love the stamped bg!! thanks for playing with WMS this week!

Laurie said...

So cute!

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is just adorable. Love your interpretation of the sketch...FANTASTIC.

Mary Duffek said...

This card is sooo pretty and it's perfection! I have this stamp set and love what you did with it! Thanks for the inspiration.

Ruth M said...

Such a sweet card and a great interpretation of the sketch, fab job!

Antje said...

I just LOVE you take on the sketch! how you made the pierced lines for the squares and the image is sooo sweet... still on my list...

Charmaine Stack said...

Kelly, I like the way you adorned the dress, and the flowers are so sweet. A nice, lighthearted spring card.

Ren-Yi said...

kelly, i adore your picnic background and your creative take on the sketch. congrats on your top mouse award!