Sunday, January 9, 2011

Moxie Fab World's "Gray is the New Black" Challenge!

Cath Edvalson at Moxie Fab World issued a new challenge entitled Gray is the New BlackI have only played one Moxie Fab Challenge that I can remember, so one of my New Year's Resolutions is to try a few more!  Here is my entry:


I made my background using Papertrey Ink's Guide Lines 1 and Giga Guide Lines (with the coordinating grid paper), using Smokey Shadow Ink and Tim Holtz Scattered Straw Distress ink.  I then added some Platinum Liquid Pearls to the "dots" in the pattern.  Stamped and paper-pieced PTI's Year of the Flower: Daffodil on a piece of white cardstock that I ran through my Cuttlebug with PTI's Woodgrain Impression plate.  Sentiment is from PTI's Round and Round Anniversary set.  I wish the picture was better, but it is rather gloomy here in upstate New York!  Good thing I have stamps like this to keep my hope alive that it will be a nice warm spring after this long chilly winter!

10 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

I love the combo between yellow and grey what a lovely card and texture......good luck with the challenge, I am joining Moxie Fab too and my card is number 23 maybe you would like to see my blog, hugs, Monika

Glenda J said...

Soft and beautiful! Great work!

Amy Kolling said...

Kelly this is beautiful! I love your stamped background and how you layered that daffy over the woodgrain!

Crafty Math Chick said...

Very pretty Kelly. This looks terrific. I am not a huge flower person but I do adore this daffodil, and you made it look GOOD!!
~Meredith

Susan said...

Yeah, you...what a fab Moxie entry. You picked a great theme with the daffodil. Keep warm, spring will come!

Doti said...

sweet card love the daffodil.

Jen Adcock said...

Fab card. This is some amazing GiGa and Guidelines work. You go girl!

JulieHRR said...

Lovely use of grey!

nancy said...

Yellow and gray always look so wonderful together. Great job on the patterned paper.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Kelly! Thanks for entering the Gray is the New Black challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)