Saturday, June 4, 2011

Window for all Seasons Sketch

Ohhh that Ms. Edna Morresedie!  She came up with an awesome sketch this week for the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog!  It's sketch number FIFTY!  Loooove:


I had some extended free time last weekend. The girls were staying with my sister on Friday and Saturday overnight as Jason and I were celebrating our 10th anniversary.  We agreed that we needed some "me" time before picking them up on Sunday!  I originally created this card in 4 seasons, but 2 didn't make the final cut!  So here is the best season...summer is finally here:


Used images and sentiment from Teeny Trees combined with the Cracked Glass technique.  The Woodgrain Impression plate is from Papertrey Ink.  I didn't have Ultra Thick Embossing powder, so I kept layering regular clear embossing powder (making a huge mess and burning my finger at least 4 times).  Popped the little tree panel in the freezer while it was still hot, and still managed to get some good cracking...

 This place needs a window replacement, hee!

The other season to make it to the Final Two was fall, still using images and a sentiment from Teeny Trees(that set is PACKED with them!):



I hope you have as much fun as I did with this week's sketch!  Upload your creation HERE by next Friday, June 10th and be sure to use at least one Waltzingmouse Stamps image on your creation.  Then you will be eligible for the random drawing to win one free stamp set of choice!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Teeny Trees, Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock:  PTI White, Vintage Cream, and Kraft
Ink:  Versamark, Tim Holtz Distress ink in Tea Dye, Stazon Timber Brown, Fresh Ink in Sage, Basil, and Mango, VersaColor Umber ink, A Muse Studio ink in Orange, and Memento Ladybug red ink
Other:  Square Nestability, Woodgrain Impression Plate by Papertrey Ink, clear embossing powder by A Muse Studio

16 comments:

Sue Ann said...

My Teeny Trees will be here soon ......... and now I am even more excited. Love the cards and the cracked glass ........ BEAUTIFUL!!

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

How creative. Maybe you could showcase another season. I love the cracked glass. Sorry about your burnt finger. You'll love my "blonde" experience. I laid my embossed image down on the carpet so I wouldn't burn my fingers. Who knew carpet melts??

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Cute Cards! Love the cracked glass effect for the 'windows'.

Julia Aston said...

Love the cracked glass on your windows Kelly! the wood grain is perfect on this! Congrats on your 10 years!!

Karen M said...

Gorgeous! What a lovely idea, especially the embossed woodgrain! xx

Pauline said...

Just lovely kelly! I love your cracked windows, and the colours on both cards. I would like to see the ones that didn't make the cut though! I really love that embossing plate, it's so crisp!

Heather said...

Such a gorgeous card Kelly, love the layout and the texture is perfect :)

Kara said...

love these!!

Susan Hogan said...

Wow, sure looks as if those burnt fingers were worth it! Fabulous cards. Thanks for your nice comments on my blog.

Cyndie said...

What an incredibly cool idea! I love your concept of the 4 season door, and the cracked glass window is awesome! Really, really cool!

Sally H said...

Fabulous card and great cracking! What is it about ultra thick embossing that tempts us to touch it? I've done it so many times! Thanks for visiting my blog

Sharron said...

Fabulous cards! I love how you used the window concept--such fun with the cracked glass!! And every time I see someone use the woodgrain impression plate it reminds me that I NEED it! It adds so much.

Sabrina said...

Love, love, love that summer one, even though Cracked Glass is never a technique that appeals to me.
Happy (belated) anniversary to you - we were celebrating our 24th yesterday :D.

Beate said...

Kelly, your cards look gorgeous! I love your cracked glass panels and that you embossed the main layer with the woodgrain embossing folder.
Hugs and smiles

LaurieJ said...

Fantastic design Kelly! Love the cracked glass. I haven't been brave enough to try that technique yet. You did a fab job! Love the little scenes that you created - wow, Fall will be here before we know it.

Mac said...

Nice, cute I like the embossing.






general contractor Portland OR