Thursday, July 7, 2011

Stamping Daydreams

It seems like a long time since I used some of my supplies and scraps that were out on the table to just make something!  I have had such limited stamping time, lately, and it's a bit depressing (hee)!  I ordered Daydreamer from PTI last month and was excited to try it out.  I literally was just grabbing inks that looked pretty and this is what I came up with:


The sentiment is from a Verve stamp set called "You're Amazing"....wish I squeaked it over a bit to the left, but I digress!  I do love the colors on this, though!  The papers are PTI Fine Linen and A Muse Studio Papaya.  The inks are VersaColor Raspberry and Bamboo, Fresh Ink in Mango, and Tim Holtz Distress ink in Chipped Sapphire.  Added Stickles to some of the flowers, and popped up some for dimension.  That set is soooo pretty! 

In some exciting news, I am taking the Beginner Copic Certification class tomorrow in Syracuse with Colleen Schaan!!  We were supposed to be in New Jersey this week on vacation, but that got postponed until August.  I remembered this class, and signed up about a week and a half ago since I already had the day off.  Double bonus-so does my husband so "insta-sitter"!

I can't even wait!  I feel like tomorrow is "Christmas morning" for a stamper!  Now, to remedy the fact that I only own one Copic, which is BG10.  Hopefully some art store will be open tomorrow when I am finished, so I can at least get a trio of green and maybe a trio of pinks so I can come home and color a million flowers ...outlined in BG10 of course ;) 

7 comments:

Pauline said...

Wow, what a stunning card! I love the colours and the texture you created, it's gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card! That set has *so* many possibilites and your first one really rocks ;)
Have fun at the class, Rx

Kara said...

really pretty..love the dimension..have fun in your class!

Pamela said...

You certainly haven't lost your touch. The card is beautiful. I didn't know copic had classes. I'd love to take some. I decided to start using my 40% off hobby lobby coupons for their markers. Can't wait to hear what you learn!

Blessings,
Pamela

Jen Adcock said...

Oh this is all very exciting! Love the card. I especially love the exact positioning of the sentiment in fact. I reckon it may not have resisted the magnetism and allure if those beautiful blooms and been sucked in. But where it is now, it can definitely be appreciated in it's own right. Your ink choices are gorgeous. Color-wise yes, but also in ink formulation. The distress ink has really worked a treat here and added a cool effect. I could go on and on admiring this beauty.

Have fun on your Copic course. I can't wait to see what gorgeousness you're sure to create. Hugs.

Cathy Weber said...

I love the design of your card Kelly, with the flowers on the left and all the white space on the right. I especially like the yellow flowers that are popped up. Gives such good dimension to the card. Have a great time tomorrow at your copic class. I bet you will be so good at coloring before the class is through.

Wendy ten Hove said...

Loooove your card! Perfect colors and those leaves are so pretty, it give me a tropical island feeling, love that!!!
Hugs & hope you had fun in class!
Wendy