Saturday, November 19, 2011

Gingham & Holly Sketch

Another wonderful and versatile sketch from Claire this week at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog!  This one is just perfect for a Christmas card, see?....

I thought so....!


I stamped images from two sets that I can't seem to get enough of lately...the holly tag image from Around Christmastime inside the candy cane circle from Faux Fun Circles.  The regal sentiment is from Nutcracker Sweet!


I stamped the tag image in Memento Tuxedo Black ink, colored the inside with Copic markers, and added a bit of Crystal Snow glitter.  Popped it up inside the candy cane circle and added some red pearls for the berries.  The holly fits perfectly inside a 1.75 inch circle punch, and the Faux Fun Circles coordinate perfectly with the Spellbinders Standard Circles Small Nestabilities set!

Are you on a Christmas card roll, too?  Link your project with this sketch HERE by next Friday, November 25th.  Be sure to use at least 1 Waltzingmouse Stamps image on your project in order to be eligible to be the randomly-selected player who will win a WMS stamp set of choice!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Around Christmastime, Faux Fun Circles, Nutcracker Sweet, all Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper:  gingham paper by A Muse Studio, PTI white
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up Cherry Cobbler, Copic markers
Other:  Spellbinders Standard Circles Small Nestabilities, 1.75 inch circle punch, Crystal Snow glitter by Stampendous, ribbon, pearl twinkle stickers from A Muse Studio

11 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Love, love this card! The gingham background, the simple layers and the lovely holly leaves - it's just fab!

Jeanne J. said...

Kelly - I'm with Deborah - this card is great! Love holly takes center stage - colors are spot on and that little shimmer of sugar and red pearls are perfect!

Cathy Weber said...

Oh Kelly, this is so striking, the colors together on the white background are gorgeous. Seriously, so pretty with the candy cane circle. I just love it! All you WM DT and Mischief Makers were on a roll today, they are all so good!

Julia Aston said...

SO pretty Kelly! of course there is gingham involved!! That pretty wreath looks like a candy cane - I must remember to use that stamp!! the holly looks so lovely!

Renee said...

WOW!!
LOVE this!
The colors...
that focal image...
and that font is just perfect for this!!
And I'm dying over the paper...
I ordered a package but I'm too stingy to use it...
now I'm going to have to!!
I lovey!! :)
Have a wonderfully Happy Thanksgiving!

Pauline said...

This is so lovely Kelly, the colours and images are so crisp, a fantastic Christmas card!

Helen Berry said...

Oh yum, i love the candy cane circle - one of my very favourites and the sparkly holly and wonderful gingham papers - but most of all, the beautiful red ribbon and pearls - LOVE IT!!

Cyndie said...

Kelly, when I visit your blog I always know I'm going to see a project that not only is very faithful to the original challenge sketch, but also blows my socks off! Your card is just the ultimate! I love everything about it--the old fashioned sentiment style looks great with the clean graphic images, the colors just pop, and the touch of glitter on the holly is wonderful.

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Kelly! Love the shimmery accent on the Holly leafs! Hope you and your family have a Happy Thanksgiving :) Thanks for the inspiration!

Kary said...

Awesome card, Kelly!! I really adore this card. The sketch is really fun, isn't it? Happy Thanksgiving, too to your and your family. May you have a wonderful time together. {{hugs}}

Jen Adcock said...

So beautiful Kelly. I love that this card comes complete with your trademark gingham. I do love a bit of gingham myself and in black even better. Love the faux circles frame too. I see an order coming on. Wonderful work Kelly and utterly inspiring as always!