Friday, November 25, 2011

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop


Time for another blog hop with Papertrey Ink!  Who could pass up the opportunity to use this beautiful photo as inspiration for a Christmas card.? 


Here is my card:


I used the beautiful angel and pine boughs from Love Lives Here:  Holiday, and a sentiment from Believe.  The technique to make the background was featured on a previous Make It Monday.  I placed the arch from the Sending You die set on top of the Vineyard Impression plate (cutting side facing away from the impression plate), paper on top, and tan/chocolate mats on top of that.  Sent it through my Cuttlebug.


It left a beautiful impression in the center, the perfect place to tuck the angel.

I'm posting a late entry, as I was out scoring some deals on Black Friday!  My best finds at 6:30 AM?  Some Sizzix/Basic Grey dies that were 75% off, fancy Fiskars tweezers that were 60% off, and 5 new Copics to add to my collection.  Hope you all had fun shopping today...whether at the local mall or in the comfort of your own home!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Love Lives Here: Holiday, Believe, both Papertrey Ink; Gingham & Co, Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper:  PTI Vintage Cream and Pure Poppy
Ink:  Fresh Ink in Tomato Red, Color Box Chesnut, VersaColor Umber and Bamboo
Other:  Vintage Cream twill tape, Vineyard Impression Plate, Sending You and Love Lives Here: Holiday die sets, all Papertrey Ink; also, Spellbinders oval, A Muse Studio Cranberry pearls

23 comments:

Kara said...

Oooooo......totally gorgeous! Love the sending you without the texture as a background for the angel.....wonderful job!!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful card, I love how your embossed background turned out ... Just lovely :)

barbles said...

beautiful!

Terri said...

Beautiful. Love everything about it especially the embossed background.

Vicki said...

beautiful...just beautiful. I love your idea on the background

Suzanne Russell said...

Wow! You knocked this one out of the park! Every detail is perfect! I love the sentiment on the oval die cut!

Julie said...

Stunning! Lovely card and lovely elements!

Karen C. said...

I love your background. I've been afraid to try this technique, but I think I'm going to have to try it now. It's such a stunning effect. The angel looks so beautiful against the background and little pine branches and berries.

Tracey McNeely said...

This is stunning, I love this effect and you picked the perfect impression plate with the perfect die for this card.

DIANA L. said...

This is such a beautiful angel I love your card I just love the gingham dress very vintage and sweet looking.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Marybeth said...

This is such a beautiful Christmas card!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Kelly! I love the sweet angel and the beautifully embossed background! All the little red berries are a perfect touch! Happy Holidays!

Joyce said...

This is so wonderful. I have tried that technique with the die and the IP, and mine never looks that good. This card has such a beautiful design.

Renee said...

This is gorgeous!!
I love this technique with the dies...
but I never seem to get it right and you did it so perfectly!
The angel is perfect for that arch...
love the mix of patterns!
A truly gorgeous card! :)
Congrats on scoring those great deals ;)

Mary Pat Siehl said...

oh i love the embossed background-it is just perfect--so pretty

thanks so much for visiting my blog siehledwithakiss.blogspot.com and taking the time to write such a kind comment. I would be honored if you stopped by again sometime or even signed up to follow me and I would do the same. thanks again! -mp

Audrey Tokach said...

Such an amazing card Kelly! I love the window inside the impression plate design. Beautiful job!

maryrose said...

Wow, I love this card, Kelly! Those gingham wings are so sweet!

Cathy Weber said...

I was just reading a very long thread on the forum about how people were having a hard time lining up the angel die in this set, but yours is just perfect! I love how the angel fits perfectly within the arched impression. You did that one so well! Beautiful card and perfect with the inspirational photo Kelly. Glad you got some great deals too!

missy said...

I LOVE this background. it looks perfect. im definitely gonna try this technique.

Cyndie said...

Oh Kelly, this is just gorgeous! You have done a wonderful job on the background, and the many little touches that make such a beautiful card. I love the subtle gingham wings (of course, from Gingham Girl!).

Kim Heggins said...

This card is just fabulous! So much detail and the embossed backgroud to your angel is such a nice touch.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS! I love that your angel is holding the pine boughs... Love the background and the IP technique. Just wonderful!

Anonymous said...

This is stunning! I love everything about it!