Saturday, November 5, 2011

Stockings in a Row Sketch

Okay, holiday season full steam ahead!  I can't seem to put my Christmas stamps away now!  Lucky for me it's Saturday and time for another sketch at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog

Claire drew up a fancy one this week...now who's up for this challenge?...

 Heee! 

Here is my card:


I tried to cut a fancy top, but couldn't figure out that Nestie trick!  Instead, I cut out panels with a nestie circle to make arches to hang my stockings.  The stocking image is from Sewing Box-Christmas, and the green gingham paper is by A Muse Studio.  Paper-pieced the stocking with those lovely Jillibean Soup patterned papers from the "Homemade 6 Bean Soup" and "Christmas Chowder" Collections. 


The sentiments, and little star and heart are also from Sewing Box-Christmas.



Ready to tackle this sketch?  Upload your creation HERE by next Friday, November 11th.  Be sure to include at least 1 Waltzingmouse Stamps image on your project to be eligible to be the randomly-selected player who will win a WMS stamp set of choice!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Sewing Box-Christmas, Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper:  Vintage Cream cardstock, Papertrey Ink; Jillibean Soup "Homemade 6 Bean Soup" and "Christmas Chowder" Collections; green gingham paper from A Muse Studio
Ink:  Memento Rich Cocoa
Other:  Spellbinders Standard Circles Small Nestabilities and Petite Ovals Nestabilities, wooden button from Michaels, red twine by Martha Stewart

15 comments:

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Just had to come here to say how much I love this card Kelly - so SUPER SWEET!!!

Cammie said...

Super card Kelly! I'm going to have to put on my thinking cap for this challenge.

Levana Xu said...

woooww, your stitching is very neat, and i love your foldy card, very sweet!

Rachel said...

Cool fold card! Those stockings look like they're made with real fabric, just lovely!

-rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Deborah Frings said...

Oh, I do like your take on the sketch! The paper pieced stockings are so pretty - such a festive card. Love it!

Pauline said...

Beautiful take on this sketch Kelly! Love the sweet little stockings in a row!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a cute trifold Kelly! Lovin' all the darling stockings! Thanks for the inspiration!

Julia Aston said...

This is SO sweet Kelly! what a great design for this sketch! love the gingham (of course you used gingham!) and the pretty stockings!

Karen B. said...

This sketch will be a doozy for me, but I'm excited to try it out. Your take is fabulous, love love love the gingham.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love this, good to see the shaped incorporated in the stocking.

Kary said...

So very, very pretty Kelly!! Love how sweet the stockings are. It's a great card!!

Auntie Em said...

Your card is so sweet! I love the stitching around the stockings and the pretty embellishments. The twine is a cute added touch.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Jeanne J. said...

Kelly - Love your take on the sketch! The stockings have just the right amount of color to make them pop off the page! I might have to break down and get this set after seeing this!

Joan B said...

adorable. love that dimension. I keep forgetting that I have this set. this reminds me to get out that set

Unknown said...

Ohhh cute and gawguss cards you have made... TFS
cheers JuLIe

http://9-2-midnight.blogspot.com