Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Teeny Tree for Tenia!

I was blog hopping today and found out that one of the sweetest stampers around was honored as the Featured Stamper last week at Splitcoaststampers....Tenia Sanders-Nelson!  I just had to case one of her stylish cards and I chose this beauty! 

 I know, WOW!

I also wanted to play along with the Inspiration Challenge this week, an awesome website featuring children's bedding called Glenna Jean.  I was inspired by this bedroom set called Central Park!


See those 2 trees on the dresser in the background?  Tenia's awesome layout and card elements, along with the colors and trees from the photo led me to making this card...


I used the tree and sentiment from Teeny Trees, and the beautiful label from Very Vintage Labels No. 10 from Waltzingmouse Stamps.  The background is the Tulle Damask Backgrounder from Cornish Heritage Farms.  I embossed it in white on Sky cardstock by A Muse Studio.


I embossed the tree with Diamond Embossing powder, cut it out, and then added a little rolled rose at the top.  I could only dream of making a flower like Tenia's!  I made up for it by adding a big dramatic satin bow just like Tenia used on her card!

CONGRATULATIONS, TENIA!  I am so happy that you were featured this week!  Oh how I love your style and so appreciate all of the sweet comments you sprinkle all over blogland :)!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Teeny Trees and Very Vintage Labels No. 10, Waltzingmouse Stamps, and Tulle Damask Backgrounder, Cornish Heritage Farms
Paper:  PTI Vintage Cream, and A Muse Studio Sky
Ink:  Versamagic, VersaColor Umber, and Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distress ink
Other:  Diamond and White embossing powders, pearl, and satin ribbon all A Muse Studio, Spellbinders Labels 10 Nestabilities, PTI Vintage Cream felt, MFT Mini Rolled Rose die

6 comments:

Susan said...

Goodness, Kelly, I've missed you and your wonderfully creative style! Mi bad, actually. Great job on casing Tenia's card...I enjoyed perusing her gallery with it's clean, graphic designs. Your card is a feast for the eyes with it's texture and lovely colors.

Hope your Thanksgiving was filled with all the blessings of family and friends and maybe just a bit of craftiness thrown in.

Hugs

Cathy Weber said...

Very pretty card and I love that white embossed background you made. That is a stunning stamp, but adding a sweet teeny tree and another of your cute rolled flowers, you totally nailed the inspiration photo. I love how you focused in on a small piece of the inspiration photo to create your card.

Sharron said...

Wow, that embossed background is so gorgeous! I love the soft colors accented with that wonderful satin bow in a yummy chocolate shade! And your glittery tree is so sweet. Guess what, I finally caved in--just couldn't resist!! You just keep posting all those adorable mini roses so I just HAD to place a Black Friday order at MFT!! Of course, I ordered a couple of others things too but I can just say it is all your fault--LOL!!!

Jen Adcock said...

Gorgeous card Miss Kelly! The colors are so fantastic! If I could wear a card...I tell ya! That Damask backgrounder is the stuff my stamping dreams are made of. Yum. I adore the sugary tree toped with that sweet felt bloom too. Don't get me started on that WMS frame either. What a dreamy frame.

Such a sweet living tribute post to Tenia. Lucky lady. You really do rock!

Joan Ervin said...

Such gorgeous cards, Kelly...both are super elegant!!!!

Cheryl said...

OMG, this is fabulous! That embossed bg would be beautiful all by itself, but the elements you've added are perfect with it. Love that little blue tree!