Thursday, November 3, 2011

Waltzingmouse Stamps SOAP, Day 3

Seeing all of this lovely Christmas inspiration has put me in such a jolly mood!   Today's project features one of my favorite Waltzingmouse Stamps sets of all time...Sewing Box-Christmas!


I used the snowman from Sewing Box-Christmas, and made a banner with a sentiment from Seasonal Remedies.  He's inside the little knit circle from Faux Fun Circles.  (PS:  When blog hopping recently, I was inspired by a WMS customer who had Mr. Snowman holding a little sign!  I thought it was in the sketch challenge cards, but when I went back to link it up, I could not find it!  So if you are the creator of the sign-toting snowman, tell me in the comments!) 

Inside is the closest snack that I could think of that looked like "snow" in a pail..white chocolate popcorn!  You should have seen me in the kitchen!   While I like making cards, a chef I am not.  When melting the white chocolate chips to pour over the popcorn, bad things started to happen.  I have since consulted a friend and know what to do next time!  In the end,  I guess it didn't matter too much..the popcorn still tastes great!

I also made a little cover for the lid using the large and smaller knit circles from Faux Fun Circles

Time for more delicious inspiration from the Design Team!  Here are the members who are participating today. 


See you back here tomorrow for the final SOAP day. A competition will follow, so stay tuned for details!



Supplies:
Stamps:  Sewing Box-Christmas, Faux Fun Circles, Seasonal Remedies, all Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper: Vintage Cream and Pure Poppyfrom Papertrey Ink, dotted patterned paper from A Muse Studio
Ink:  A Muse Studio Bermuda ink, Memento Rich Cocoa
Other:  clear pail, Michael's; Aqua Mist buttons, Papertrey Ink; twine, gingham ribbon, toothpick, white chocolate popcorn, dimensionals

16 comments:

Kary said...

Love the pretty tin!! The snowman is totally cute!! Great idea!!

Cammie said...

Kelly this is adorable! I saw those pails at Michael's yesterday, but they were on a top shelf and I at the time I couldn't think what I would I do with one. Now I am seeing Reindeer food (a recipe from my SIL) and a decorated pail. Thanks for the inspiration.

Steph Zerbe said...

Super cute! Love the glitter and the colors. I am so making one of these.

Julia Aston said...

Oh Kelly! I just love your cute little treat pail! what pretty colors and yummy popcorn!

Jeanne J. said...

Kelly I love your sparkly snowman and that pail of white chocolate popcorn looks yummy! Love the glitter and that cute sign!

snowbear said...

What an adorable way to present goodies.

Rachel said...

that is fantastic, i'll need to do a gift like this for my christmas goodies! thanks for the ideas :)

-rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

anya said...

SO cute! I love this idea for packaging holiday treats! Your little sign-holding snowman is very cute!!

Lynn Mercurio said...

ACK! This is adorable. Such a creative and cute way to package up some great treats. I'm sure the cookies are delicious, but the super adorable snowman label on the front is so sweet my teeth hurt. HA! Awesome job.

Carola said...

The tin with this cute snowman looks very pretty and I guess the white chocolate popcorn won't last very long...

Kind regards
Carola

Pauline said...

Wow, this is fabulous Kelly, love that sweet snowman, and a great mix of stamps too. I have never tried white chocolate popcorn, but it sounds lush!

Renee said...

How adorable!!!
I lovey!! :)
That little snowman...
who could ever resist him?
Love that set too!
This is such a great little gift idea...
just love it!
And we seem to share cooking talents...
glad to know I'm not alone! :)

Sharron said...

Adorable, Kelly--and such a great gift! Adore that set too so love that you used that sweet little snowman. He looks so cute with his little sign. White chocolate popcorn sounds yummy too!

Susan said...

What a wonderful way to decorate your pail of popcorn -- yum!

Becca Feeken said...

Kelly, absolutely adorable!!

Deborah Frings said...

This is such a fun idea! White chocoloate popcorn - Kathryn would love it! The snowman tub is just so cute!