Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Waltzingmouse Stamps SOAP, Day 1

Welcome to the Waltzingmouse Stamps SOAP Event for November!  For the next 4 days, the Design Team will be bringing you projects featuring previously-released stamp sets that most definitely have our  "Stamp of Approval!" This month, we are focusing on not one, not two, but ALL of the Christmas-themed sets at Waltzingmouse Stamps!

A few months ago when I joined Pinterest, this picture was one of my very first "pins."  It's the most adorable project courtesy of the Martha Stewart website under the heading "The Craft Department's Favorite Holiday Projects":


I decided to try my hand at this sweet project...stamping style!

Not a creature was stirring...not even a WALTZINGMOUSE!

This made me SO happy while I was making it!  First, I cut a freehand teardrop shape from kraft cardstock, and then stamped the background with the Nordic Winter stamp set.  I cut 2 slits for the ears and 2 slits to insert the candy cane with a craft knife.  The sentiment is from Candy Jar Christmas, stamped on a Classic Scalloped Heart Nestie!

(Sidebar:  Do you know that it's hard to find candy canes right now?  I had to go to 3 stores!  Must be they stock these the day AFTER Halloween!  My candy canes are Cinnabon's Classic Cinnamon Roll flavor.  I love the nontraditional color scheme!  I may have tried one myself...delicious!)


Cut 2 pieces of cardstock in a "light bulb" shape for the ears, and slid them into the slots.  I used mini black eyelets and a rusty tin bell for mousie's face.  The twine I used to tie on the bell made excellent whiskers, so I added some more!  I am in charge of making Christmas class treats for Eva's class.  I have a sneaking suspicion that I will be buying 2-3 more boxes of candy canes on November 1st!

Time to send you off for some more Christmas inspiration!  Here is a list of the Design Team members who are showcasing SOAP projects today.  See you back here tomorrow!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Nordic Winter, and sentiment from Candy Jar Christmas, both from Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper:  PTI Kraft and Harvest Gold cardstock
Ink:  Stampin Up Cherry Cobbler, Fresh Ink in Tomato Red, VersaColor Sahard Sand, ColorBox Chalk ink in Creamy Brown, Tim Holtz Distress inks in Brushed Corduroy and Tea Dye
Other:  mini red bag from Big Lots, Cinnabon candy cane (regular sized not mini), mini black eyelets, rusty jingle bell, twine, Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Heart Nestabilities, gingham ribbon

29 comments:

Joan B said...

oh this is adorable!!!

Ria`s Winkeltje said...

A verry verry cute project. Thanks for sharing

Clare said...

SOOO CUTE!! love that adorable mouse!!!

Sandie said...

Oh this is just adorable!! What a fantastic project. xx

Pauline said...

What an amazing creation! Ther perfect embellishment! A cosy mouse! Gorgeous work Kelly, I'm always so inspired when I visit your blog.

Lynn Mercurio said...

OMGosh Kelly - this is so creative and uber adorable. Such a fun tag and that rusty bell for a nose - SO awesome!

Julia Aston said...

What a cute little mouse Kelly! and so appropriate for Waltzingmouse stamps!!! (does he waltz do you know??!!) this is such a fun embellie for a gift back!

Helen Berry said...

Oh i love this Kelly - such a cute and cozy knitted mouse!! The cute little bell for his nose and the lovely bag and tag - what an inspirational idea to use the candy cane. LOVE IT!

richardbreaks said...

SOOOOO stinkin' CUTE!!! Love that Nordic Winter set.

Jeanne J. said...

Kelly.... Whooahhh! You got my attention with the photo of all the colorful little mice and then to see the one you made just floored me! How cool! What a sweet mouse!!! You very clever girl! You really took this one to the next level!

Deborah Frings said...

Oh - this is just wonderful!! I love the mouse and the Nordic winter set works so well! The bell for his nose is just perfect - and a mouse for Waltzingmouse Soap - very clever!!

Bumblebee said...

So cute, you have actually made a Waltzing Mouse! I also saw this idea on pinterest and thought it was great!

Rachel said...

SO STINKIN CUTE!!!! I like yours better than Martha's (dont tell her I said that)

-rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Cute beyond words!!!

Pat

Joyce across the Pond said...

Simply amazing...great thinking girl!!! Just love it to bits.

Sharron said...

Gosh, a Waltzingmouse MOUSE! He's perfect and so adorable! I love how you used Nordic Winter and added the rusty bell nose. Thanks for some GREAT inspiration!

Becca Feeken said...

How seriously cute!! I love your version Kelly and what an awesome way to give candy canes! Sweet!

Cathy Weber said...

Unbelievably adorable, that mouse is so cute and I love the tag stamped on the nestie heart. Who would have thought of a Nordic Winter mouse? Genius!

Diane Jaquay said...

That mouse is utterly ADORABLE!!!! Wonderful project!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Kelly, this is AWESOME. I saw the Pinterest photo and was like "Oh, those are so cute!" but then I saw YOUR photo, and was like "No, THAT is so cute!!" You took Martha's project and kicked it's BUTT ;) Awesome project!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh dear Kelly! How ADORABLE!!! I'll bet Claire will LOVE this! Love all the stamping and his jingle bell nose!

Helen L said...

Such a cute creation, and so clever to tie it in with the WaltzingMOUSE!! Love all those Nordic prints on Mr. Mousie :-)

Rustyhammer said...

Oh! What a cute Christ-mouse!

snowbear said...

Adorable mice!

Ruth S said...

Oh my - I love this project - too cute!
And a wonderful use for Nordic Winter ;)
Rx

Renee said...

That mouse is so adorable I die!!
So creative...
and perfect for class gifts!!
LOVE him!

Kary said...

So clever!! Love the mouse, so adorable!! Makes such a fun gift!!

anya said...

You're killing me! I love your interpretation of this project, Kelly, and love that you shared your inspiration photo! Personally, I think your little mouse is way cuter than Martha's! ;) You had me at his rusty jingle bell nose!! Awesome, girl, your creativity is astounding!

Carola said...

Kelly, this is a lovely mouse (which I would not mind having in the house *lol*). It's just adorable and is a very pretty Christmas treat.

Kind regards
Carola