Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Skipping Stones Design Sketch #2

I am the Guest Sketch Artist for November at Skipping Stones Design, and a new sketch has been posted today!  Visit HERE to see the wonderful samples made by the other guest designers and the Design Team Members.

My sketch for the week...


I thought it was high time to get out those patterned paper scraps and use them up :)  I chose the adorable Skipping Stones Design stamp set Heartsong 2 to feature on my card...


I also used sweet papers from Simple Stories "Harvest Lane".  The middle stripe is more of that linen washi tape that I love, and I tied on a tag with a sentiment from the set.  Can't get enough of those teeny musical note leaves to match the birdie, so included just a peek along the bottom of my tag.


Chirp!!  I am having so much fun already...until next Tuesday!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Heartsong 2 from Skipping Stones Design
Paper:  Simple Stories "Harvest Lane" Collection, PTI Rustic Cream and Kraft cardstock
Ink:  Stampin Up Cherry Cobbler, Memento Espresso Truffle, Fresh Ink in Birch
Other:  Spellbinders Lacey Circles Nestabilities, natural linen washi tape from wishywashi.com, Tiny Tags die from Papertrey Ink, button, twine, thin linen ribbon

10 comments:

wendyp said...

Beautiful!!

Marybeth said...

Love the papers on this one Kelly, great choices. Love the little bird in the music paper…. too cute!

Vickie Z said...

Congrats to you!! Fabulous sketch! Love how you used the top patterned paper...so hard to find ways to use patterns like that...this is perfect! Love your birdie and tag!

maria f. said...

This is precious. But you're making my life tough with your sketches at SSD! Thinking outside of the box - I love it.

diane zechman said...

Beautiful, Kelly! Love those papers!

Katie Gehring said...

Kelly, your card is so beautiful! I adore that sweet birdie and he pairs with that patterned paper perfectly! Thank you for offering up another amazing sketch this week!

Renee said...

Beautiful!!
LOVE the mix of papers...
and that little birdie is perfect with them!!
And a FABULOUS sketch...
love it!! :)

Karin Åkesdotter said...

WONDERFUL sketch and WONDERFUL card Kelly!

Glenda J said...

So glad you are doing our sketches this month! Happy to have you! This card is gorgeous. Love the colours and patterned papers.

Diane Jaquay said...

So much to LOVE about this card, it's just wonderful!!