Wednesday, December 5, 2012

More Ornate Ornaments!

Our last day of Design Team projects featuring the newly released sets for December 

Today we are showcasing Ornate Ornaments.  It's an awesome set with shapes that coordinate with all three of the Spellbinders Heirloom Ornaments Nestabilities (2010, 2011, 2012).  Today I used an ornament featuring the 2011 shape.  I love the festive stripes on it!

I made 2 tags, same design and ornament but different color schemes and embellishments.  Makes for quicker tag creating without getting bored!


You know this one is my favorite!  I think it looks like gingerbread and I want to take a bite out of it!  I inked a kraft tag with Tea Dye and Wild Honey Distress inks, then stamped the branch from My Heart with Versamark ink and heat embossed it with white powder.  Added some Ruby Red berries with Liquid Pearls.


The ornament was stamped on Pure Poppy cardstock and heat embossed with white, too.  The cute sentiment is from Around Christmastime.  I wanted the ornament to have a bit of weight, so I cut 2 more tags with my nesties out of coaster board and layered them on the back.  The holly is corrugated paper cut with PTI's Holly Jolly dies.  This is festive, folksy and my kind of tag :)

My red, white, and blue color scheme came back for a second time this release...


This time I stamped the ornament with red ink and clear embossed it.  Added a sparkling snowflake and icy blue dew drop.  The sentiment is another from Around Christmastime.


This time the branch was stamped in VersaMark ink, heat embossed with A Muse Studio's Diamond Embossing powder, and dotted with White Opal Liquid Pearls.

I can't wait to make more tags!  This release has some of my favorite sets that Claire has ever designed...but then again, I think I say that every month.  (But it's true!!)

Thanks so much for visiting me this week!  Now hurry on and see some more lovely Ornate Ornaments!

Supplies:
Kraft tag:
Stamps:  Ornate Ornaments, My Heart, Around Christmastime, all Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper:  Inkessentials tag, PTI Kraft & Pure Poppy cardstock, green corrugated paper from Michael's, PTI coasters
Ink:  Tim Holtz Tea Dye and Wild Honey Distress inks, VersaMark
Other:  Spellbinders 2011 Heirloom Ornaments Nestabilities, Papertrey Ink Holly Jolly die, Ruby Red Liquid Pearls, A Muse Studio white embossing powder, red jingle bell, twine, gingham ribbon
Blue tag:
Stamps:  Ornate Ornaments, My Heart, Around Christmastime, all Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper:  Inkessentials tag, PTI White, PTI coasters
Ink:  Fresh Ink in Red Currant, VersaMark, Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass and Stormy Sky Distress inks
Other:  Spellbinders 2011 Heirloom Ornaments Nestabilities, Martha Stewart snowflake punch, White Opal Liquid Pearls, A Muse Studio clear embossing powder, Diamond embossing powder, and Diamond glitter,  blue Dew Drop, silver and red twine, white grosgrain ribbon


4 comments:

Jeanne J. said...

Hi Kelly! Love these tags! They are clean and simple and look like you made a big fuss! What a great way to dress up a package! I Must CASE these!

Vickie Z said...

These are wonderful tags! I can understand your love for the first...it does have a gingerbread feel!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful tags Kelly! Love the gingham ribbon on the first and all the sparkly goodness! Happy Holidays!

SmilynStef said...

Love the texture on those leaves ... what great holiday tags.