Thursday, February 28, 2013

Waltzingmouse Stamps-Our Favorite Things Blog Waltz!

Welcome to a special blog waltz with Waltzingmouse Stamps!  You should be arriving here from Becca Feeken's blog.   It's our first official post as the new and improved Design Team!  Today we get to welcome everyone AND see some fabulous projects.  We were asked to feature our favorite WMS set of all time.

Well it's no surprise that Earth Angel is my favorite set!  So to add an element of surprise, I decided to choose my favorite newer set to pair with it...and that is definitely My Heart!  You know when you get asked on forums questions such as "What 5 crafting items would you bring with you to a deserted island?"  Well these two sets would make it into my survival backpack :)


I stamped 2 hearts from My Heart onto patterned paper from Crate Paper's "Storybook" Collection.  Paper-pieced the dress for the little angel in the same pattern.  The sentiment is from Earth Angel, as well.  I decided to stamp the "Angels" portion over the mini heart from My Heart, and then cut it out.


I stamped her wings in light blue ink and then traced around the image with a glue pen and added crystal glitter.  I love the look, as I usually stamp them separately and cut them out.  She is holding a teeny little garland of mini buttons that I strung together with regular thread.

So there you have it!  My old AND new favorites from Waltzingmouse Stamps.  I can't wait to see what everyone else has chosen.  Off you go to Laurie's blog.  Here is a full list of the DT just in case you get lost along the way today.  When you stop by, be sure to leave lots of love welcoming our newest members!  See you SOON!  Stay tuned to Claire's blog here for information regarding an upcoming new release.


Supplies:
Stamps:  Earth Angel, My Heart, both Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper:  Storyteller by Crate Paper, PTI Vintage Cream
Ink:  Memento Espresso Truffle, PTI New Leaf, A Muse Studio in Wheat & Winter Sky, Fresh Ink in Tomato Red, Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress ink, Copic markers
Other:  Stampendous Crystal Snow glitter, Liquid Pearls in "Gold Pearl", mini buttons, thread

17 comments:

Cathy Weber said...

I KNEW this was going to be your favorite set Kelly! I didn't even have to think about it...you always do so much with the sweet little angel and I love the little buttons with the heart in the middle and her glittery wings!

Jeanne J. said...

This is all you Kelly - still can't see Earth Angel without thinking of you - beautiful! I love those glittery wings an the bright color!

Julia Aston said...

Well - I just knew I had to see Earth Angel here today Kelly or something would be wrong with the world!! love how you framed her with the heart wreath - and her pretty sparkle wings!

Deborah Frings said...

I knew it would be Earth Angel!! I think this is so, so pretty and I love the sparkle on her wings. She looks gorgeous over the heart and that sentiment is fab!

Marybeth said...

You know I love this angel as much as you ! You just knew her way before I did. :) She looks beautiful with the gorgeous heart behind her. Love the bit of gold on the heart too.

Bumblebee said...

Cute card, love her little button string!

Vickie Z said...

Love the combo of sets here!! The wreath looks wonderful with that angel!! Well, I wondered what you would have used....I thought of this and the gingham!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Kelly I am not surprised at at that you chose Earth Angel as your favourite. Fantastic card Kelly!

Karen Wedding said...

Cute card. Love the angel wings. So sparkly.

LaurieJ said...

This is so sweet! I love that you added the heart wreath - it frames her beautifully. And the glittery wings are the perfect touch.

Edna Morrisedie said...

You had to absolutely choose this set, every time I see it I think of you!!

Renee said...

I KNEW this had to be the set...
I think of you every time I see it!!:)
But you surprised me with the addition...
and how perfect together...
love it!! :)
So happy to be a part of this incredibly amazing team...
I'm gonna have to up my game even more now! :)

Teresa Kline said...

sweet card Kelly, i am so excited to be joining the team with you!

enjoy *~*

Sharron said...

Of course, I knew this would be your favorite!! Earth Angel is definitely your signature set. Using the heart frame is so pretty and I love her glittery wings!!

Jean Martin said...

I always love it when you use this set Kelly! I really should get this set!!!! So happy we're on the DT together! :)

Claire said...

Love how you've paired up the angel with the heart Kelly...so clever!

Sandra said...

Beautiful angel on a beautiful project.