Wednesday, June 26, 2013

...and some more Waltzingmouse Stamps May Release Inspiration!


I'm back with another set of cards featuring the newly-released stamp sets USA 1776 and Country Labels No. 4, from Waltzingmouse Stamps.

I can hardly believe that the 4th of July is next WEEK!  I had to make another card with the star points from USA 1776 (the little "kite" shapes in the set) that coordinate with Spellbinders Stars 5 Nestabilities...


I cut the star out of patterned paper and then stamped one underneath.  The negative piece is placed over the top with dimensionals.  These stars are perfect for patriotic holidays...and beyond!  This lucky sentiment is from Compact Sentiments 2.

Up next is a cherry print background made with Country Labels No. 4...


I recently got this cool plaid paper in the Pebbles "Lakeside" Collection, and used it to set the colors for my background.  Stamped the little circular labels and then added the cherries from the set.


This time with a sentiment from the original Compact Sentiments.  I decided to leave this card simple, although I was very tempted to gloss up those cherries (but was too scared to after all of the circle stamping)!  In the end, my daughter Claire picked my one and only embellishment...she thought that the card would look best if I "dotted" the "j."  :)

For more inspiration, visit these DT members' blogs today!


And come back TOMORROW when we will begin previews for the June Release!!  Claire is releasing the most delightful sets...10 in all!!
Stay tuned to Claire's blog HERE for all of the information!

Supplies:
Star Luck card:
Stamps:  USA 1776 & Compact Sentiments 2, Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper:  Pebbles "Lakeside" and "Walnut Grove," PTI Vintage Cream
Ink:  Fresh Ink in Navy
Other:  Spellbinders Stars 5 Nestabilities, buttons, twine, Memory Box Woodrow Rosette die (pinked circle)
Cherry Background card:
Stamps:  USA 1776 & Compact Sentiments, Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper:  Pebbles "Lakeside," PTI Vintage Cream and Hawaiian Shores
Ink:  AMuse Studio ink in Mermaid, Berry, Bellini, Bubblegum and Fresh Ink in Island & Mojito, Memento Black
Other:  Basic Grey candy dot

8 comments:

Jill Norwood said...

Such sweet cards! I love the negative of the star over the stamped images! And the colorful background of the cherry image card is so fun! :)

Julia Aston said...

Love the cut out star design and the great woodgrain backdrop Kelly! and the colors on your cherry card are so bright and summery!!

Edna Morrisedie said...

LOVE the sunken star and the cherries are just delightful!

Vickie Z said...

Adorable cards!! Love those circles/cherries!! Can't wait to see the new goodies in action!!

LaurieJ said...

Beautiful cards! The second one is perfectly stamped and I love the color combo. But the first card, oh my, can I say it is my favorite?! I love the black striped star and the way you trimmed out the cover mat. Fantastic!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Love the negative heart with the striped points on the inside Kelly!! So creative and striking with the wood dp along the side. And your framed cherries card is so charming!! Love where that creative brain of yours takes you!! Inspirational!!

Cathy Weber said...

LOL..I would have been one to mess up the cherries after all that careful circle stamping! I can't tell you how many cards I have wrecked just adding one more little touch! Your cards are so cute Kelly, love that star and I really need to get in and try to make one myself. Who wouldn't love that sweet cherry card...and I see we have more cherry goodness coming soon too!

Renee said...

Love them!!
That star is so YOU...
it has that Americana feel to it...
love it!
And those cherries...
I die!
I would have messed up for sure trying to stamp all the colors! :)