Sunday, June 9, 2013

Fresh Strawberry Sketch

Loved this sketch by Rita Wright at Freshly Made Sketches as soon as I saw it!


It made me think of all things sweet with the little banners and the baker's twine.  I started off making a floral card, but the beautiful reds in this "Tangerine" paper from My Mind's Eye made me think of this Big Berries-Strawberry image from Waltzingmouse Stamps.


I originally had pennants along the bottom, but they looked too "busy" next to the "faux washi" printed right on the paper.  So I chopped them off and made little tabs.  Risky move since the card was done and sitting on my shelf!  

I was practicing with the adorable new flowers images and dies from WPlus9's Fresh Cut Florals and decided they would be perfect as strawberry blossoms!  The sentiment is also from Big Berries-Strawberry.


I am enjoying this challenge blog so much!  The DT is fabulous and so many gorgeous entries each week...very inspiring :)  

Supplies:
Stamps:  Big Berries-Strawberry, Waltzingmouse Stamps and Fresh Cut Florals, WPlus9
Paper:  My Mind's Eye "The Sweetest Thing -Tangerine," PTI Rustic White
Ink:  Fresh Ink in Tomato Red, Pear, and Basil, and Hero Arts Butter Bar
Other:  WPlus9 Fresh Cut Florals dies, Divine Twine in Green Apple, button, yellow twine

13 comments:

Kara said...

This looks great. I just picked up these papers. Love em!

Tracey McNeely said...

Kelly fabulous! Thanks for sharing your process, love those papers that I seem to be hoarding and the big strawberry!

Linda Suarez said...

I love this card! It feels so summery with the gingham and luscious big strawberry. It makes me think that it's time for a picnic! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

LOVE, LOVE LOVE this summery sweet card Kelly! So wonderful and so perfect with the button and the country gingham!

Cathy Weber said...

I am going to check out that challenge Kelly...your stamp of approval is all I need. Love your great big luscious strawberry and that creative way you made the blossoms...Great idea!

Jen Carter said...

SO cute!! I love the strawberry and the patterns you combined!

Cindy Hall said...

The sentiment is so appropriate because this is such a sweet card! Beautiful color choices and wonderful design. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Joyce said...

This is beautiful and super luscious. Great idea to give those banners a haircut!

Shannon J said...

Thank you SO much for dropping by my blog to leave me such a sweet comment - because it got me to find YOU!! Gah! Your cards are ahhhh-mazing! I've only had a chance to check out the first two pages, and already my jaw is hitting the floor! Can't wait to spend more time here later today oogling over your cards and your talent!! So much inspiration - thank you Kelly!

Allisa said...

Such a fun card, perfect for summer! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Renee said...

Gorgeous!!
I LOVE the papers you used with this...
and of course that great big juicy berry...
which those tiny blooms compliment perfectly BTW!!
Love it!! :)

Sharron said...

So SWEET, Kelly! Fabulous papers--love the gingham background! And that luscious strawberry is perfect for your summery card. Love seeing your Fresh Cut Florals additions too. Just spent time this AM playing with my set--so cool!

Beverley said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a lovely comment. Your card is so sweet & that strawberry looks good enough to eat! Hugs Bev x