Sunday, June 2, 2013

June with the Challenge Chicks


It's the first Sunday of June, yippee!  School is almost out and it's time for some fun with the Challenge Chicks!  Lydia came up with a cheerful "Here Comes the Sun" challenge...use yellow, orange, and white on a card with extra credit bonus points if we use an actual sun image!


YES!  Accepted the challenge AND got the bonus points :)!!  I cut various yellow and orange patterned papers into wedges and glued them into a sun ray pattern.  Started with the 2 pieces at the bottom meeting in the middle, then added as I went around.


Then I stamped 2 suns (one on top, then one directly underneath) from Waltzingmouse Stamps "My Island" and cut out the center portion with a circle Nestie. Stamped a sentiment from the new "Country Labels No. 4" set over the top, then used the new circle frame from Country Labels No. 4 and placed it over the top with dimensionals.  Sunny!

Upload your creations to Splitcoastampers using the keyword "CHXJUNE13" or you could link your blog post to our Facebook page HERE!

Check out some MORE sunny projects here...


Supplies:
Stamps:  Country Labels 4 & My Island, both Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper:  DCWV, Jilly Bean Soup, My Mind's Eye
Ink:  A Muse Studio Bellini, Hero Arts Butter Bar, Memento Tuxedo Black
Other:  Spellbinders Circle Nestabilities, rhinestones, enamel dots

7 comments:

Jeanne J. said...

Wonderful mix of patterns and papers here Kelly! Beautiful sunny card that makes me happy!!

diane zechman said...

What a cute sun! Love your rays of sunshine too.

Jean Cross said...

I'm gonna try again--computer burped on last entry. Schirmy, old buddy, old friend--love this. You are so creative and I love the homeyness (sp?) of this card. Great job!

Sharron said...

Great mix of patterns! Love your bright, sunny card!

Julia Aston said...

I left a comment and it disappeared - hope I'm not leaving two now!?!!

Love your framed sun and all the sun shiney colors Kelly! what super cutting on your sun burst background!

Liz Vickerman said...

this is such a great mix of color and pattern - so cute!

Unknown said...

FABulous design! I love this patterned sunburst!