Tuesday, June 18, 2013

More Waltzingmouse Stamps May Release Inspiration!

Today some of the Design Team members are featuring more projects made with the two newly-released stamp sets at Waltzingmouse Stamps.  They are Country Labels No. 4, and the set I am using today....USA 1776!

Both of my cards feature the amazing fireworks included in the set.  For my first card, I wanted to have my fireworks exploding in the night sky.


I stamped the images in VersaMark on a sheet of acetate and then heat embossed them with white powder.  Then I placed the piece over a sheet of navy star patterned paper.  The sentiment underneath is stamped in on a piece of linen washi tape.  (It's hard to see in the photo due to the acetate.)


My second card is a bit more elegant.


More fireworks, but this time stamped in Delicata Gold Glitz ink.  That stuff is amazing!  Totally looks like gold embossing without having to get out your heating tool.  I dabbed a dot of Liquid Pearls in Bisque in the center of each one.


I made a little "wooden" label using paper from Crate Paper's "Storybook" collection.  I love the stately eagle!

For more inspiration featuring the May release sets, be sure to visit these ladies today!


Supplies:
Red, White & Blue card-
Stamps:  USA 1776, Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper:  Stars paper, JoAnn's, Bazzill Basics plastic paper, and PTI white cardstock
Ink:  VersaMark, Tim Holtz Faded Jeans Distress ink
Other:  Filagree white fine detail embossing powder, Recollections red gems, gingham washi tape

Elegant Eagle card-
Stamps:  USA 1776, Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper:  Crate Paper "Storyteller," Pebbles "Walnut Grove," PTI kraft cardstock
Ink:  Delicata Golden Glitz, VersaMark, Memento Espresso Truffle, Stampin Up Cherry Cobbler
Other:  Filagree white fine detail embossing powder, gold adhesive dots, Liquid Pearls in Bisque

8 comments:

Renee said...

They are both fabulous...
but really lovin' the firweworks on the acetate...
so cool!
And the gingham washi caught my eye too! ;)
And the eagle on the woodgrain...
perfect!
Looks like it was made for it! :)

Julia Aston said...

Two wonderful bursts of fireworks Kelly! Love the embossing on the acetate look!

Joyce said...

These are both really amazing. The stamping on acetate is particularly cool.

Marybeth said...

Great job on both Kelly! Thanks for inspiring us! I'm into stars ...so I love that one!

Sharron said...

Love the bursting fireworks! They are fantastic on acetate and very cool done in gold. I've never tried that ink but have seen it often on blogs--looks like fun. And your woodgrain panel with the eagle is fabulous--love the look!

Marlena M. said...

Wow, both colors schemes look terrific Kelly! I love them both~

Betty Wright said...

Love the firework cards and the gingham touches! Awesome creations!

Jill Norwood said...

These are both wonderful Kelly!