Monday, June 17, 2013

Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog Party!



It's time for a Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog Party!  The theme this month is "Summertime Fun."  You can see all of the lovely cards with the theme HERE at Claire's blog.  You still have time to participate, too!  Upload you creation to the Mr. Linky set on her blog by tomorrow at 1:00 PM EST and a random participant will win a stamp set of choice.  Claire will announce the winner and also highlight some special mentions on her blog on Thursday, June 20th.

Nothing is more fun for my family than going to visit my sister and her family in Manahawkin, New Jersey!  We visit the beaches of Long Beach Island.  My niece's husband John is quite the surfer and this card makes me think of all of his cool shirts and boards...and the Ron Jon Surf Shop in Ship Bottom, NJ...


I stamped the bubbles and wave from Free Spirit Boy onto some paper from "The Pier" collection by Crate Paper.  Roughed it up around the edges and added some woodgrain paper along the borders.


But the star of the show is the North Shore image!  I stamped it in VersaMark onto woodgrain paper from The Pier and then heat embossed it with white powder.  Colored in the sunset with some Copics and added a bit of gold Stickles to make the waves shimmer!

Can't wait to see all of the party projects!  Summer is slow in getting here in Upstate New York.  Rain, rain, and more rain.  I am ready to feel some sun on my skin about now!

Supplies:
Stamps:  North Shore and Free Spirit Boy, both Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper:  The Pier by Crate Paper, PTI Kraft, Recollections "Wood Floor" paper
Ink:  Fresh Ink in Strawberry, A Muse Studio Mermaid and Burano inks, VersaMark, Copics
Other:  Filagree white embossing powder, Spellbinders Oval Nestabilities, Stickles, twine, edge distresser, mini rhinestones

18 comments:

Julia Aston said...

wow Kelly! great effect on the sky behind the surfer - the stickles look super! Wonderful circle stamping in the red and blue - all these projects are making me want to get to the ocean pronto!!

with the white embossing I can see a face on the surfer!!??!!

Cathy Weber said...

Oh Miss Kelly, look at this gorgeous Summery card. I love all the different stamps you used to create a true American Icon card. Love the surfing theme stamped on the woodgrain. This totally reminds me of some classic summer fun.

Tracey McNeely said...

Kelly what a cool card, I love how you fused it all together.

Joyce said...

Surf's up on this card. It is fabulous, and reminds me of the beaches right near my house.

Joan B said...

Beautiful!

Renee said...

OMGosh I totally love what you did with the waves...
I swear it looks like you pasted a pic of a sunset over the water...
incredible!
This is so much fun...
and totally says "Surf's up, Dude!"...
love it!! :)

Marybeth said...

Kelly ...I am so glad you included a close up of your embossing,and beautiful hand colored sun set! Wow! Love the bit of gold too! Sounds like a
The perfect card for your BIL. Love it!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Fabulous card Kelly!! Love the shimmery sunset and the striking background you created with the Free Spirit set!! WOW!

-Aneta- said...

I´m on that board !!! :)Did you knew that ;) Stunning card and I love the flowers :)

Unknown said...

oh I love the glittery sea behind the surf dude, fabulous colours Kelly the blue and pink are awesome together, I love the stamping, perfect combo of images here! hugs to you missy!

Jeanne J. said...

That close up with the glitter??? Swoon! Love the distressed edges and the edgy feel to your card Kelly!

Sharron said...

Fantastic, Kelly! Love the colors and your great embossing with the touch of gold

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

Great card! I love the wood grain paper and the shimmering waves!

Chris L.

Deborah Frings said...

Wonderful. Love the combination of these sets (my favourites). The distressed edges, the little gems - all so gorgeous. Love how you made the wave shimmer too.

Kary said...

Kelly, this is such a Fabulous summery card!! So much to look at and marvel, love the cool textures and colours. Simply Wonderful!! {hugs}

Marlena M. said...

Kelly, this is INCREDIBLE! The shine on the waves is gorgeous~

Claire said...

Love how you've combined the stamp sets Kelly - they go brilliantly together! And the sinset being your surfer is so clever...it makes me feel warm and summery just looking at it!

Vickie Z said...

Love how you combined these sets!! Fabulous!! Ohh and the gold sparkle is perfect!!