Thursday, October 30, 2014

12 Kits...Fall with Jessica!


It's 12 Kits day and this month Jessica treated us to a wonderful kit packed full of the colors of fall! Stamped and die cut images, papers, cardstock, twine, sequins!  I fell in love with the cute images in the kit and focused on those for my projects...


Up first is the sweet little chipmunk and acorn from Lawn Fawn's "Into the Woods" kit paired with a sentiment I stamped with Lawn Fawn's Milo Alphabet.  I loved the acorn paper and this amazing woodgrain/cork tape from Michael's that Jessica sent! (MUST get some!)


Jessica stamped this Thanksgiving sentiment 3 times and I used it to create a background.  I roughed up the edges and placed it over a piece of cream cardstock embossed with A Muse Studio's Woodgrain plate. The fun plaid acorn from Paper Smooches "Falling for You" is colored with Copics.


Last, a sweet fox from  Lawn Fawn's "Into the Woods" with an Avery Elle sentiment on a Tremendous Tag from Papertrey Ink.  The background yellow paper was woodgrain print, but I ran it through my Cuttlebug with A Muse Studio's woodgrain impression plate, too.  A little wooden leaf and some lovely twine to top if off.

Thanks SO much to Jessica for this adorable kit...and it made me dust off my Copics which is always a good thing (plus I need the practice)!  Be sure to check out the 12 Kits of Occasions Blog for a list of all of the participants, as well as all of the supplies that were included in the kit.  As always, you can see current and past creations on our Pinterest page HERE, as well as keep up to date on our Facebook page HERE!

12 comments:

Lindsey said...

These images were my favorite, too, but I was too nervous to color them. Lol. They look absolutely darling on your cards! You did an amazing job with this kit, Kelly!

Jeanne J. said...

I love your coloring Kelly! Every image is colored beautiful and the shading is perfection. That golden sun behind your little fox and acorn is amazing and all the little extras I expect from you. The bitty twine bows, and the distress paper edges. Really a treat to visit with you today!

Marybeth said...

Three wonderful cards Kelly! The cut out on the last one is a nice way to showcase more of the pretty papers Jessica sent. Love that nutty card too!

Kara said...

awesome!! love the nuts about you card! so cute!!

Joyce said...

Super bunch of cards, Kelly. Love how you colored those images--I have a long way to go.

Kim Heggins said...

Kelly, these are all so sweet and I love that you colored all your sweet little critters, just too darn cute. Your final card with the adorable fox is my favorite...looks so comfortable sitting on the log saying hello.

Cathy Weber said...

Hope your girls are all ready for Halloween, Kelly...you made some adorable cards with Jessica's kit. I love the distressed edges on the subway card...great idea, wish I had done that! I also love the great coloring and cute design on the card with the fox on the log...nice touch to add the wooden leaf!

Sharron said...

Love these so much, Kelly! You make the best designs and your coloring is amazing. I had a terrible time coloring rusty-colored fur on my critters. I think I need to add to my Copic collection. Love the distressed edges too. That's such a great touch for your acorn card. I have the Lawn Fawn set and can't wait to CASE your fantastic cards! Thanks for the inspiration!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

These are all ADORABLE Kelly!!!! LOVE them!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

These are all ADORABLE Kelly!!!! LOVE them!

The Paper Parade said...

Awww, Kelly, what sweet cards you made! The fox one is probably my favorite, love him sitting on that little tree branch :) And the first one you colored the acorn's top so sweetly! The big acorn on the second is definitely the star of the show. I'm glad I got you to brush up on your copic skills!

Vickie Z said...

These are adorable Kelly!! Wonderful coloring and use of the kit!!