Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop...Snow!


I am participating in Papertrey Ink's "Snow" Blog Hop today!  I am showing the first mason jar I have tried using the Tinsel & Tags Kit, as well as Melissa Phillip's past Make It Monday mason jar painting tips!


Here is the lid I made for the mason jar top.  I didn't have my Trimmings Kit yet and sweet Renee Lynch had sent me some cute houses!


I made a mistake on my first stamped one, so decided to paint it with white crackle paint to "save" it!  The roof was then covered with Martha Stewart's clear coarse glitter.  I left the die cuts white and added some of the kit snow.


I had a terrible time trying to photograph this big mason jar, hee!  You will see that I painted it a soft blue using Martha Stewart's Multi-surface Acrylic Paint in the color "Cloud."  Added a grey gingham bow around the top edge and will add tags off of the little ornament hanger at the edge of the snow globe dome.  These are going to be filled for the girls' teachers and bus driver with peanut butter balls :)!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

PS...We were just about 30 minutes out of the range of the BIG Buffalo storm last week, but we still got some of the real white stuff, although it melted yesterday in the 69 degree weather we had!



11 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is darling!!

Kathryn A said...

Very cute!! I'm wishing I could have got that kit... Thanks for your comments on my cards!

Patti said...

Wow this is great! I love the crackle pain on your house : ) wonderful idea!

Patti

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the crackle walls and glittered roof!

Darnell said...

How lucky are the teachers and bus driver to be getting these unique and sensational snow globe treat holders! So clever, Kelly!!

I'm glad you didn't get the huge snow dump and then the flooding! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!! Hugs, Darnell

~amy~ said...

How fun, love your project!

Anonymous said...

This is just about as cute as it gets! And what a wonderful gift too!

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute Kelly! OMG! I love the little scene you created! Now I NEED that! Thanks for the enabling!

Kara said...

so cute!

Betty Wright said...

Kelly! This is amazing! I love love the detailing you added to that tiny little home! WOW! The created scene and jar design is amazing! The snow looks scary on the road! Are you glad it melted? LOL1

Sue McIsaac said...

OMG! How adorable.