Monday, April 2, 2018

Rainbow Butterfly

A sweet, simple sketch from Jen Brum this week at Freshly Made Sketches, and it's just full of possibilities!

I just love it, here it is...



I chose a favorite stamp to use with this fun sketch, the butterfly from Waltzingmouse Stamps "Nordic Spring" by Claire Brennan.


I stamped the butterfly in Versamark on watercolor paper, then heat embossed it with white powder.  Added some rainbow colors with some watercolors, and a bit of Wink of Stella glitter over the top.


The plaid stripe and stitched image are also from some WMS sets.  I stamped the big plaid stripe with my Misti so I could stamp it multiple times with different shades of aqua ink. The sentiment is from WMS "Fine Feathers" set, also designed by Claire Brennan, which is now available at Gina K Designs.


The background is a stamp classic, Stampin Up's "Linen" wood mounted stamp!  Another of my favorites of all time!  The Nordic butterfly was stamped underneath in white ink, and heat embossed again.  I wanted my cut out butterfly to look like it was taking flight in all of its colorful glory!

3 comments:

Jen Brum said...

What a gorgeous card! I love that butterfly and the texture of your card! So springy and happy! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Mitchell said...

Love how you've given this butterfly a rainbow of colors. It looks fantastic against the background. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh wow! This card is truly beautiful! I am loving the colours you've given the wings and the washed looking background. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!